- Live: Bang The Bore – Displacement Activity @ John Hansard Gallery, Southampton, 16/06/13
Bang The Bore present a contribution to an exhibition of work by Nancy Holt and Robert Smithson, currently showing at Southampton University’s John Hansard Gallery.
- Live: Eli Keszler + Jennifer Allum + John Chantler @ Cafe Oto in London, 25/05/13
ATTN returns to Oto for cryptic modular synthesis, broken violins and clattering drum improvisation.
- Live: Cult Of Luna + Amenra + Humanfly @ The Garage, London, 22/01/13
Cult Of Luna return to London with new record Vertikal, while Amenra make a rare UK showing.
- Live: Keith Fullerton Whitman + BugBrand @ Arnolfini, Bristol, 02/02/13
Two modular synthesis connoisseurs bring their music to the quadrophonic realm.
- Live: Russell Haswell + Marc Hurtado + Jim O’Rourke @ South London Gallery, 29/11/12
Three artists present a diverse program of sound, all exhibiting different links to the presence of the visual.
- Live: Cage Rattling #2 – Echo Of Nothing @ Kings Palace, London, 05/11/2011
Dylan Nyoukis (Chocolate Monk/Color Out Of Space) curate a programme of performances demonstrating the influence of Cage on non-musicians.
- Review: Stems – Polemics
Prettily packaged release from a Huddersfield trio, threading percussion and guitar strums through uplifting classical movements.
- Review: Savaran – Halcyon Days
A new EP on Assembly Field, tracking back to Mark Walters’ winter visits to the UK.
- Review: Grumbling Fur – Glynnaestra
The duo of Alexander Tucker and Daniel O’Sullivan subvert all that has gone before, in a new record on Thrill Jockey.
- Review: Boards Of Canada – Tomorrow’s Harvest
The duo relieve eight years of wait with a record that peers into the void at both ends of existence.
- Interview: Stephen O’Malley (Ensemble Pearl)
The guitarist and fervent collaborator talks about Ensemble Pearl (a new project alongside Bill Herzog, Atsuo and Michio Kurihara) as well as subjectivity in music listening, producing theatrical soundtracks and working with Gravetemple again.
- Interview: Helm
Prior to his collaboration with visual artist Charles Atlas at the Tate’s Tanks, Luke Younger talks to ATTN about playing live, new album plans and running a record label.
- Interview: BugBrand
Following last month’s show supporting Keith Fullerton Whitman at Arnolfini, Bristol’s Tom Bugs talks to ATTN about DIY electronics, modular synthesis and performing live.