- Live: Cult Of Luna + Amenra + Humanfly @ The Garage, London, 22/01/13
Cult Of Luna return to London with new record Vertikal, while Amenra make a rare UK showing.
- Live: Keith Fullerton Whitman + BugBrand @ Arnolfini, Bristol, 02/02/13
Two modular synthesis connoisseurs bring their music to the quadrophonic realm.
- Live: Russell Haswell + Marc Hurtado + Jim O’Rourke @ South London Gallery, 29/11/12
Three artists present a diverse program of sound, all exhibiting different links to the presence of the visual.
- Live: Cage Rattling #2 – Echo Of Nothing @ Kings Palace, London, 05/11/2011
Dylan Nyoukis (Chocolate Monk/Color Out Of Space) curate a programme of performances demonstrating the influence of Cage on non-musicians.
- Live: Ed Atkins – Us Dead Talk Love @ Chisenhale Gallery, London, 28/10/12
London’s Ed Atkins presents an installation of two channel HD video and 5.1 surround sound.
- Live: CoH @ BE OPEN Sound Portal in Trafalgar Square, London, 19/09/12
As part of the London Design Festival 2012, Sound And Music and BE OPEN present an exhibition of five commissioned sound works in the heart of Trafalgar Square. ATTN went to experience the contribution of CoH (aka Ivan Pavlov).
- Review: Gaspar Claus – Jo Ha Kyu
The Parisian cellist gathers some of Japan’s most notorious musicians (Ryuichi Sakamoto, Keiji Haino, Otomo Yoshihide, Sachiko M and many more) for session in a Tokyo studio.
- Review: Minneapolis Guitar Quartet – Thrum
Four composers put the quartet in a variety of different guises, in a collection that showcases their technical talent and malleability.
- Review: Nicolas Wiese – Living Theory Without Anecdotes
New sounds on Corvo, teasing the vibrations of found sounds, chimes, strings and more into unnatural harmonies and decays.
- Review: Philippe Lamy – Drop Diary
Philippe Lamy becomes the next artist to enter Mystery Sea’s liquid thematic.
- Interview: Stephen O’Malley (Ensemble Pearl)
The guitarist and fervent collaborator talks about Ensemble Pearl (a new project alongside Bill Herzog, Atsuo and Michio Kurihara) as well as subjectivity in music listening, producing theatrical soundtracks and working with Gravetemple again.
- Interview: Helm
Prior to his collaboration with visual artist Charles Atlas at the Tate’s Tanks, Luke Younger talks to ATTN about playing live, new album plans and running a record label.
- Interview: BugBrand
Following last month’s show supporting Keith Fullerton Whitman at Arnolfini, Bristol’s Tom Bugs talks to ATTN about DIY electronics, modular synthesis and performing live.