- Live: Martin A. Smith – NOISE and whispers @ GV Art, 14/11/2013
Art, science and sound culminate in a brand new exhibition by London sound artist Martin A. Smith.
- Live: Cut Hands + Container + Blood Music + Black Amiga @ The Island in Bristol, 22/11/2013
The latest BUNKER club night swamps abandoned subterranean police cells with incessant rhythm and noise.
- Live: Enablers + Sweet Williams @ The Dalston Victoria in London, 13/11/2013
Fervor and narrative billow out into a sweltering Dalston Victoria as Enablers return to London.
- Live: Guillaume Viltard + Audrey Lauro + Mark Sanders + Rachel Musson @ OTO Project Space in London, 02/11/2013
ATTN takes a visit to Cafe Oto’s offshoot venue, Project Space.
- Live: Ring @ Pavilion Dance in Bournemouth, 02/10/2013
A “sound journey” for headphones by Fuel Theatre, and a sinister interplay between darkness and the imagination.
- Live: Supernormal Festival @ Brazier’s Park in Oxfordshire, 09-11/08/13
A rambling, picture-packed diary of ATTN’s second Supernormal experience.
- Review: Larry Goves + Matthew Welton / Laurie Tompkins + Sam Quill – Virtual Airport / SHUCK!
Dislocated composition and radio play sit back-to-back.
- Review: Oiseaux-Tempête – S/T
A mountainous work of winter and imposition on Sub Rosa.
- Review: Kink Gong – Voices
Manipulated field recordings from South East Asia form the basis of a new record by Laurent Jeanneau.
- Review: Cathy Lane – The Hebrides Suite
A distinct and resonant collage of the Outer Hebrides, just off the Scottish mainland.
- Interview: Sam Underwood (If Wet, ORE)
Sam discusses the finale fundraiser that will round off the first season of If Wet – a monthly “show and tell for sound artists / musicians” at Callow End village hall – as well as the impending activities of his tuba doom outift, ORE.
- Interview: Container
Ahead of his performance at an abandoned police station in Bristol, Ren Schofield (aka Container) talks about adapting to different live environments and his compositional process.
- Interview: Brian Chippendale (Black Pus, Lightning Bolt)
Prior to an explosive Black Pus performance at the Tufnell Dome in London, drummer Brian Chippendale talks to ATTN about his approach to live shows and the plans for the upcoming Lightning Bolt full length.